There’s no way you are a stranger to Aloe Vera. Even if you are absolutely aloof from the outside world, there’s like less to zero chance you haven’t come cross it, in fact there’s a huge possibility it might be growing in your kitchen garden only! And that’s only when we are talking of the plant.
Other than that, try walking through any aisle in the skincare section, hair care section, cosmetic section, personal care section, or any drug store, and you are sure to find at least a few (many in reality though) products containing or made of Aloe Vera. Believe me, it’s everywhere. And believe me again, rightly so!
The spiky looking, gel filled Aloe Vera is titled as the Wonder Plant, owning to the endless benefits and solutions it carries within. Skin troubles? Hair troubles? Wounds? Dental Cavity? Digestive / Immune system issues? It has literally got it all. While it may not be able to replace the medical aid for some mentioned, it does a pretty(!!) effective job.
Before diving into the products that contain this, lets quickly dig into that and find what it’s actually got.
- Amongst hundreds of species of Aloe is Aloe Vera, a stemless or short stemless plant.
- It leaves are thick, jagged and pointed, with pricks all over (it’s not as scary or dangerous as it sounds). The leaves are filled with sticky-feeling, hefty, clear to translucent gel (or the GEM!), which contains a whooping amount of water (99%!!) and other vitamins and amino acids and more.
- Renowned and loved for his healing properties, for centuries, It has about 75 active ingredients: Vitamins namely A, C, E, B12, and folic; Enzymes, Minerals to wit calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, zinc and more; Sugars like glucose; Fatty acids like cholesterol, to name some.
Coming to the benefits of Aloe Vera, listing all could take a real long while, but here’s try anyway!
- Locks moisture into the skin
- Hydrates the skin
- Softens and keeps the skin clean
- Prevents UV or damage caused by radiations
- Makes the skin more elastic and less wrinkled
- Exfoliates and tightens pores
- Improves skin integrity
- Decreases eczema
- Reduces morning puffiness
- Fights and prevents acne and psoriasis
- Has anti-inflammatory action
- Cleans oil out of the hair
- Soothes and clams scalp itchiness
- Repairs hair and promotes healthy growth
- Increases hair shine and smoothness
- Helps with the UV damage
- Help heal burns, especially sunburns
- Treats sores and mouth and gastric ulcers
- Encourages healing following oral or topical treatment
- Has an antiseptic and antiviral effect against fungi, bacteria and viruses such as herpes, influenza
- Lessens heartburns and stomach irritations
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Helps break down sugar and fast promoting good digestive health
- Ensures liver’s positive health
- Has Laxative effects, hence increases intestinal water content
- Supports weight loss
- Promotes better immune health
- Assists detoxification
- Helps maintain oral hygiene – blocks plaque and prevents cavity
- Relieves pain
- Some studies suggest – may slow the growth of breast cancer cells
A LOT, RIGHT? (I KNOW !!)
By now I guess you must more than ready to switch your stuff to all thins aloe! But hey, don’t worry, you don’t need to hop onto another tab and research for the best amongst sea of products, we got you covered! Scroll through to discover Hued’s selects. Be assured to find a variety of all things natural, clean and well.
Brand, Handpicked by Hued:
- For: Oily, Acne – Prone & Combination Skin
- Made of: Aloe Vera, Cucumber Ext, Basic Ext, Tea Tree Oil, Glycerine, White Tea Infusion, Aqua
- Brand Ethics: Naturally Sourced Ingredients, Environment friendly, Recyclable Packaging