Our days can be busy, demanding, and draining. We need to process countless thoughts, interactions, considerations and challenges. While fulfilling all these calls that penetrate our lives simultaneously, we just cannot neglect the foremost requirement of our daily life – self-care.
To function well in our environments, we need a concoction of balance, peace and joy. How do we integrate these traits? Well, by being ‘centered’ in ourselves by way of reflecting on our day’s events and dealings, taking time out and going for walks or other physical activities, valuing and loving ourselves and finding ways of thinking out of the box, making life choices that help us to minimize stress.
Needless to say, our looks affect our self-confidence and impressions concerning the outer world. Our face reflects the intentions of our inner being and is a medium that other people use to interact with us. So, when you welcome your friend with a smile, Bingo! The moment radiates the joyous energy for both of you. Ofcourse, show your friend your frown, and two of you can sense the gloominess.
Our Expressions – Our Reflections
An important aspect of self-care is how you take care of your skin. Endless brands are available in the market out there. But the brand you use depends on what you believe in.
With the growing sensitivity of humans to fellow beings and nature, the cosmetic industry has come up with numerous innovations and brands, which allow us to live in consent to our moral values. Usage of organic and natural makeup brands is one of the ways which allows you to express that you care – for the earth and your fellow beings.
Why Choose Natural and Organic Makeup?
There is an ever-expanding market for natural and organic makeup products. We can identify a few reasons for their market expansion, such as those listed below.
- Free from synthetic preservatives, heavy metals, artificial colours and fragrances.
- Made from products that are derived from naturally sourced ingredients.
- Eco-friendly as they are free from substances like petroleum, aluminium, borates, and polyethylene glycol (PEG) compounds.
- Made with great research, such products are rich in nutrients.
- Many natural and organic brands are developing innovative ways that contribute to a reduction in packaging. Moreover, they limit the use of plastics in packaging and try to use recycled materials.
Let us explore some of such products that you can purchase, thereby displaying a greater kindness to your skin and the self.
Organic Makeup – Let your Skin Smile
Free from Parabens, Sulphates, Phthalates; Cruelty-free
Dr. Lancer, using his unrivaled clinical experience
Dani Glowing Skin Perfector is apt for all skin tones.
- It illuminates, revitalizes, brightens and perfects your skin. It is loaded with extremely fine, light catching mineral highlighters that diffuse imperfections and enhance your skin’s natural radiance.
- Apart from having anti-aging properties, it reduces pore visibility, thereby providing a smoother and lifted effect to your skin. Yes, it does allow you to boast a youthful appearance!
Vegan friendly. Simplifies and declutters beauty. Helps women to acquire a finished look with its minimalistic colour collection. Offers classic colours with luxurious textures.
Cheryl Yannotti Foland
lilah b. Mini Aglow Cleansing Butter serves the purposes of a cleanser, makeup remover, and mask. Upon massage, the soft butter oil gently rinses off into a milky finish. Its constituents leave your skin clean, hydrated, glowing and nourished.
The key ingredients include:
- Rose Hip Extract – is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that support healthy and hydrated skin.
- Snow Mushroom Extract – provides deep hydration, which enhances skin elasticity.
- Lavender Essential Oil – conditions and softens the skin.
Ophthalmologist Tested; Free from harmful chemicals; Packaged in biodegradable, recyclable, tree-free paper.
Define and enhance your eyelashes with this serum-infused lash tint. It provides a fuller look to your lashes.
- Available in shades of Natural, Black and Brown.
- Key ingredients include Castor Oil, Jojoba Esters, Mung Bean, and Red Clover Extract. All these extracts entail properties that nourish, condition, and strengthen your lash health.
Full line of high pigment, cruelty-free, hydrating, high shine, natural lip gloss and lipsticks shades; designed with the aim to complement every skin shade and tone.
DYMANGLAZE’s Amethyst lipstick is a purple coloured matte metallic lipstick.
- It provides good hydration to your lips, thereby avoiding a ‘dry lip’ look, which might be visible when you use other matte lipsticks.
- Amethyst provides full and smooth coverage and is waterproof. Another bonus point is that it is highly pigmented and is long-lasting.
Made using high quality Ayurvedic herbs; focusses on sustainable packaging; aims to phase out plastics from packaging and supply chain operations
Just like all its products, the Kajals are created using organically farmed and ethically obtained ingredients.
- These are free from harmful chemicals, such as SLS/SLES, silicons, artificial fragrances and colours.
- SoulTree provides you eleven different shades of Kajal to pick from. Choose your colour – Pure Black, Fern Green, Copper Tint, or any other as per your choice.
Key ingredients include organic ghee, almond oil, camphor, and natural pigments.
Cosmetic range created off organic ingredients; with an aim to be sustainable and minimalistic; 100% cruelty free; Vegan; Non-toxic
Surabhi Ganguly and Shweta Vashishtha
Etch’s Velvet Matte Lipstick in the shade Playfully Coral is a perfect shade of coral and fun, and oh, very season suitable. Trust it go with all your favourite summer staples – the florals, the pastels, and everything, literally!
- The amazing oils – Argan, Almond, Jojoba, Castor together make the stick moisturising and glide on your lips.
- Organic plant extracts make sure to guard your lips from chapping and cracking.
The formulation contains carnauba wax, that makes the colour last all day long!